DVD backup question

rondocap

Limp Gawd
If I backup a DVD with a program like DVD shrink, does it split it into more than one file? (For example, different parts of a personal DVD video of an event, etc). If so, can I somehow just make it one file so I don't have to open a new one everytime in the middle of a backup?

I read that DVD shrink and the others backup as a VOB file I believe. Does windows media player play this back? What would i have to do for it to do so?

First of all, I have not done anything, it is just a question. Also, it is not a commercial DVD. I am talking about a personal DVD. How is that illegal?

Scotch77 said:
what you are doing is illegal.
Fair use laws. A rather sad example of how far we've slipped in so short a time.

Anyway, it's perfectly legal to backup your movies, regardless of what Hollywood has taught you to believe. But as he's asking to backup personal dvds, the point is moot.

rondocap, I suggest you check out doom-9 ( google it ). They have excellent information on how to do anything you could possible want to dvds. Personally, I just backup my dvds to an ISO and play that back ( mounted using daemon tools ).

what you wnat is to convert it into a .iso file.you can do this with Nero since its your DVD and its wouldent need to be shrinked. if so, do the same but put it throgh dvd shrink first.

Really simple

shrink.jpg

and before someone wonders why my burner only burns at 2x..

The drive was not currently occupied with a writeable disk.. :)

Back