Dutch Segway Ban

HardOCP News

[H] News
I honestly didn’t know this was actually a problem but, it would seem that Segways have been banned from public streets in Amsterdam. I am not saying anything bad about our many friends in the Netherlands but…with all those “special” coffee shops around Amsterdam, maybe banning Segway riding in the streets isn’t such a bad idea :p .

Police said that with no approval of the vehicles in sight by the country's Royal Traffic Agency, they could not be allowed to continue using public streets. But because the Traffic Agency hasn't approved the vehicle, the police statement said, it can't be issued license plates.

I guess the redlight districts are becoming too crowded :p

Ockie said:
I guess the redlight districts are becoming too crowded :p

BTW, the segway is baned in every nations public roads.... cars and segways do not mix. Now sidewalks would be a different story.

Ockie said:
BTW, the segway is baned in every nations public roads.... cars and segways do not mix.

Actually, according to the Segway store here in the D/FW area, any roads in which the speed limit is 35 and under, a Segway can legally be ridden.

according the article it is a little more than just streets. They are banned on all streets, bike paths and sidewalks. Making them only legal to ride on private property.

Exavior said:
according the article it is a little more than just streets. They are banned on all streets, bike paths and sidewalks. Making them only legal to ride on private property.

lol that must SUCK for segway owners

In my last 10 years that I'm in Amsterdam I haven't seen a single Segway.

I've worked at realy exprencive areas and have seen lot's of electric scooters and lot of Yuppies riding strange things :) but no Segway's. They have special micro bikes and micro bycucles and what ever though no segways.

I guess 100 sold on 18 million people ain't worth of mentioning. Such ban is also pointless IMO. I guess some strange millionair both all 100 of them anyways and keeps them in His collection :)

MD

Back