Dust on brand new video card?!

harley1019

Limp Gawd
Was just wondering - I recently recieved a video card from a major company (6800GT).

It was supposed to be new, it was shrinkwrapped, looked new enough from the outside, however - there's dust on a fair portion of the card, as if it had been in someone's system for a while...

I've bought probably 3-4 video cards in the last year or two and never seen anything like this??

I'll probably end up making another thread regarding my dealings with this company as it's been an incredible hassle, but I just need to know, is this normal? a byproduct of some sort of testing?

Any ideas?

They probably packaged a refurb or return as new... or it was returned to them shrinkwrapped in that condition and they didn't re-check it.

What company was it?

Did'nt think it should have happened

Actually guys, it's directly from a major video card manufacturer (gg sp?).

I'm gonna call them here shortly and see what they have to say before I call them out and make that other thread...

Thanks for the info so far guys =)
Any more info?!

Just got off the phone, they're going to overnight me another one and apologized..

This exp has just been bleeeeh 5 weeks...

At least they took care of it, we'll see how it goes, I may/may not need to make that other thread, may just do it to detail my exp, we'll see.

Thanks for the info.

So they're overnighting you a new one...does that mean you have to send the other one back, or do you get to keep it?

Is it eVGA? If so, the Step Up trade-ins shouldn't have been repackaged.

Back