dust eradication

frtl97

Limp Gawd
i have been reading reviews on the gg about the corsair 650d, but none judge it's
ability to keep dust out. can anyone that owns one tell me how clean it stays inside.

Have owned a Corsair 650D since March 2011, great chassis. I keep dust to a minimum by keeping the front air filter in place, using a Corsair AX850 PSU hybrid, the fan never spins up so no dust coming in there. Cooler Master megaflow 200mm black as front intake, and Silverstone air penetrator 180mm as top exhaust. Rear as exhaust is silly since a strong 180mm or 200mm fan on top will compete for the same air, but rear fan as an intake works very well, if you are cooling purely by air.

I found a system that works extremely well, I have a Blueair 450 digital particle filter/purifier in the room and I clean the inside of the pc with a 5.5hp ShopVac portable vacuum brush attachment and long thin crevice attachment, the ShopVac 5.5hp is so strong you don’t even have to touch components inside your 650D just get the nozzle nearby and all the dust is just gone, I only need to do this maybe once a month it stays so clean inside, and the ShopVac? All I can say is “It Sucks”!;)

Dust Eradication, cool title!

Last edited:
It's got 1 large input fan and 1 large + 1 medium exhaust fans. So it's negative pressure, so dust will enter through small screw holes etc.

It's got 1 large input fan and 1 large + 1 medium exhaust fans. So it's negative pressure, so dust will enter through small screw holes etc.

Yup, it's ventilated in the rear, all the expansion cards are vented, with no filtration. Keep the incoming air/room air clean from the start and then vacuum, maybe this is unconventional, but so am I, a can of air blasting the dust to another location inside your pc? That is just silly, use a vacuum with that can of air and then the dust is completely gone, or just use a high powered vacuum and all the dust is just gone.

Back