Durable input devices?

This might sound stupid but I'm really starting to get PO'ed about the recent quality of mice and keyboards. I'm a heavy gamer, on some days i can get 6-7 hours of play in. I recently purchased a dinovo edge and the wasd keys are already loose after 2 weeks and the space bar is texture is wearing off. As for the mouse, it's a G9 barely 3 months old and the pads are pretty much worn, texture is gone on the left click area and clicking is all loose. What kinda keyboards or mice are still well made these days?

My Logitech MX510 has withstood years of abuse, right alongside my saitek eclipse. clicks & keys are still solid.

I would touch base with Logitech customer service, they take very good care of their customers. My stuff has lasted for years.

Are you using a good mousing surface? Pickup up a Ratpadz XT (Made by the owner of hardforums....so you know they're awesome), add some teflon mouse feet, and I doubt you'll be complaining anymore. The XT should last at least 5 years of heavy use in my opinion; and the mouse feet will protect the built in pads.

Logitech makes great stuff. I've used my cheap crappy logitech optical mouse for years now and it's still holding up great and works well. I'm not sure what you should do about the keyboard though. I'm sure some gaming keyboards are meant to stand up to serious abuse.

Are you using a good mousing surface? Pickup up a Ratpadz XT (Made by the owner of hardforums....so you know they're awesome), add some teflon mouse feet, and I doubt you'll be complaining anymore. The XT should last at least 5 years of heavy use in my opinion; and the mouse feet will protect the built in pads.

Finally picked up one of these things ~2 weeks ago, and I have to say, the only thing I regret is waiting this long. I thought "It looks like a glorified cutting board with some rubber feet stuck to the bottom, it's all bumpy, how the hell is the mouse going to track well on that? It's going to rumble around and be annoying as anything!" The only reason I ordered was the great guarantee. It's great. I'm trying to get my friends to try it and get their own, it's so great. Serious.

I would touch base with Logitech customer service, they take very good care of their customers. My stuff has lasted for years.

WHoa!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:I never knew there was a "performance mousepad" market LOL... i just whoosh my mouse over whatever... the floor, my leg, the couch arm, my carpeted speaker.... i think ive even used my ass a few times laying on my side with my feet towards the monitor LOL....

Back