Without plugging in and testing something such as a graphics card or RAM module, at what point would you say it is inoperable?
If you have left a component out of a static bag, tossed loosely in a big cardboard box shuffling around with other bare components for a couple of years, is it most likely fried?
Even though it appears visually mint with no obvious damage to the surface or the pins, is it highly probable that static electricity has bricked it?
What are the chances of that damage carrying over to the rest of a system if tested on a motherboard?
The parts I am referring to are mostly 10+ year RAM and PCI modules. I have a 10 year old motherboard (which has been living safely inside a case) that I am hoping to test the parts on, but was curious if people here have had bad luck with storing parts loosely in a cardboard box.
Thanks guys!
If you have left a component out of a static bag, tossed loosely in a big cardboard box shuffling around with other bare components for a couple of years, is it most likely fried?
Even though it appears visually mint with no obvious damage to the surface or the pins, is it highly probable that static electricity has bricked it?
What are the chances of that damage carrying over to the rest of a system if tested on a motherboard?
The parts I am referring to are mostly 10+ year RAM and PCI modules. I have a 10 year old motherboard (which has been living safely inside a case) that I am hoping to test the parts on, but was curious if people here have had bad luck with storing parts loosely in a cardboard box.
Thanks guys!