Dungeons and Dragons Dark Alliance

So, update - the matchmaking in this game also sucks. Don't buy this game, if you have Game Pass, cool, already have it, otherwise, just don't. I ran like 10 maps, level 12, high gear score, getting paired with Level 1 characters with no idea how to play the game already.

Nate liked it can't be that bad

It's a game that you need the "best case scenario" to justify.

1. Have Game Pass
2. Have other friends with Game Pass who also want to play this game, only play with them

IF you've got that, you'll have a pretty decent experience.

Otherwise you've got:

1. Horrid single player experience
2. Poor matchmaking / nothing that pairs with you "similar level" characters
3. Multiple characters that have to be leveled separately if you join a multiplayer game where someone is playing the current character you'd prefer to play (this will make you put a lot more time into the game, forcing you to replay content even moreto have geared up multiple characters)
4. Seems like 99% of rando's don't use voice chat, makes the experience even more annoying

I don't know how many total armor sets there are per character right now, but I've only found a handful and they are classified in Rank and Rarity. You'll quickly be grinding for the same gear with higher rank or rarity for better stats. On top of that, I don't know if I'm just unlucky but after a dozen or so runs I've yet to see (1) weapon better than a Green rarity drop for me. Seems like weapons have a lower drop rate from looking at other people's loot tables at the end of matches as well.

If anyone wants to add me on PC Game Pass, Delita7777

This game is awesome a few bugs like Drizzt Ice Skating on the screen slowly but once they have the bugs out should be good.
Just finished the first Area in a about a hour. Controller is a must if you had problems with the game just so you don't have to back peddle with a keyboard.

20210624145437_1.jpg

Drizzt says "Don't like my game?

20210624145608_1.jpg

Just a Legendary Helmet took screen shot at the wrong time.

For all its faults, to me its still better than Godfall (I know its not a high bar to cross). I am playing in co-op mode with my wife, so I cant comment on solo play which I assume is not nearly as fun.

Spent a lot of time with this game over the weekend playing co-op with the kid on a dual xbox setup, Series X / One S- essentially the "best case scenario" as described by delita above. Good mix of fun vs frustration, but can't help describing it as Minecraft Dungeons in a D&D skin. Not sure how long it will hold our interest.

Picked this up last, week, fortunately for $1 through the xbox game pass on windows deal..

It's relatively fun, reminds me of an older school hack and slash kind of like Gauntlet but with some new skills and things to do.

Have beaten the first two acts as of last night. Have been playing as Drizzt, still a good deal of bugs. Had a map where I got stuck in a different plane somehow. I could hit the mobs, they couldn't hit me.. made the final boss a nice treat though ;p Being a huge RA Salvatore fan and Drizzt story fan, I guess I was hoping for more of a story, but I went in with low expectations as it is after reading multiple reviews.

I attempted one random pick up match for online, it wasn't great. Lot of rubber banding, maybe it would be better with a known good friend with good internet.

Overall relatively fun, I've enjoyed exploring the whole map finding all of the treasure, etc. I think it'll be more fun once they push out a patch or two. I'll probably continue to play and slowly try and beat it over the next monthish or so. Unless they fix the bugs, I'll have minimal desire to try out the other classes since the maps are a little repetitive as it is, but we'll see.

The one thing I don't like at all is you can't just stop where you are for progress, you basically have to finish an entire area or you lose all progress. If they fix that, it would make it much easier to pick up and make a little progress and come back to it later. Granted most maps are only around ~10-15 minutes each, but that easily turns to 20ish if you try and explore the entire thing, or if you have it on higher difficulty and are taking your time solo.

If you choose a harder difficulty don't grind the end boss lol just kept on dying so I went back to camp and started over since I knew the map ran pass random mobs. You can still keep the Gold you earned and the crystals not sure of the loot. I keep forgetting upgrade my move set i tried online but the thing is you need a different character basically they should just let x4 of the same characters instead of having to grind the other 3 not in your character lineup. Or they should scale all the charcters that would be nice without having to grind..

20210701031139_1.jpg
20210701032810_1.jpg

Back