Dumbest...Question...Ever (Print Screen & Dead Pixel)

supastar1568

Limp Gawd
Ok, I have this small blemish on my screen the size of a pixel but it is slightly round and very faint (not as defined as a dead pixel would be).

My dumb question is, if I used the screen capture function and pasted it into MS Paint, would the dead pixel show in the pasted picture?

For example, if I had a dead pixel in the top right of my screen, and used print screen and pasted into Paint, would this dead pixel be shown in the pasted image?

Just wanna make sure.

supastar1568 said:

you could take a hammer and smash the hell outta the lcd and prnt screen will come out normal, it has nothing to do with the physical appearance of your lcd

rofl, cuz the monitor just displays data, nothing else.

ithe defect is on the monitor itself, has nothing todo with the computer.

That's right....The image you see on the screen is just data rendered inside the comp, and you only see that image because the video card outputs the data to the monitor and it makes an image out of it. Disconnect the monitor, and the image is still being rendered internally, and that's the same data Print Screen uses.

Same idea as watching a DVD....What you see comes from the DVD, not the TV itself.

That is like saying that a major motion picture will become flawed because your television displaying it has a scratch on it.

Maybe he was just confused because it's called "print screen". I guess he figured it was printing exactly what he saw on his screen.

now we just need someone to post the picture of the CRT sitting on top of a copy machine where someones trying to make a print screen

Not the one I had in mind but it will have to do :)
2754.jpeg

Although I've actually seen this question (or similar) a couple of times before. For a non-technical person it might not be that far-fetched. That the print-screen function is inside the monitor that then sends a copy back to the computer. Or something...

Circle it in MS-Paint, some of us don't have the time for Where's Waldo: LCD Edition.

supastar1568 said:
My dumb question is, if I used the screen capture function and pasted it into MS Paint, would the dead pixel show in the pasted picture?

For example, if I had a dead pixel in the top right of my screen, and used print screen and pasted into Paint, would this dead pixel be shown in the pasted image?
I would say yes, but it would only show up on your screen. :D

placebo said:
Circle it in MS-Paint, some of us don't have the time for Where's Waldo: LCD Edition.

yea, thats why i asked, so obviously i cant circle it in paint

Wrong. If you print screened it, then went into a photo viewer and viewed the print screen full size, that blemish would still be there exactly where it was!

You guys are stupid. :D

Back