Dumb Layouts

Codegen

Gawd
What are some really awkward layouts you've seen on hardware?

My favourite are the USB headers on my motherboard. Especially fun with those fucking individual connectors. My USB headers are located between the AGP slot and the PCI slot.

Edit: Never realised how shiny my TV Card is :D

dsc00830ng5.jpg

Which makes it a tight fit for the video card.

dsc00831st4.jpg

ASUS decided to put the USB header on the A8R32-MVP in one of the most preposterous places I've ever seen. Right above the first PCI-E slot, so the cable for my cardreader drapes over half the back of the board. A toddler could decide on a better place to put it!

Well, this morning, I remembered one the hard way. Not about computers, though.

IF I COULD FIND THE MOTHERFUCKING IDIOT THAT PUT THE 'ALARM OFF' BUTTON BESIDE THE GODDAMN SNOOZE BUTTON....:mad:

My motherboard (EPoX s754 8NPA-SLI) has the ATX power connector between the CPU socket and first PCIe slot. how the hell do they expect anybody to route cables cleanly with it this way?:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...IDIA+nForce4+SLI+ATX+AMD+Motherboard+-+Retail

The rest of it is pretty good...I'll have issues getting the darn thing plugged in if I ever get that Antec P180, though...

Well, this morning, I remembered one the hard way. Not about computers, though.

IF I COULD FIND THE MOTHERFUCKING IDIOT THAT PUT THE 'ALARM OFF' BUTTON BESIDE THE GODDAMN SNOOZE BUTTON....:mad:
Pwahahaha! Been there, done that :D

ASUS P4TE: Bunch of tallish capacitors around the cpu socket, power plugs for cpu are in middle of board, power headers ridiculously far from my fans, and RDRAM.

And that mustard color.;)

You can't route wires with it.

Back