Dumb flash install question

bbbrad

Weaksauce
I am making a SFF rig and I'm trying to avoiding buying a slim DVD drive. I just bought a new copy of Win 7 from my school for 15$ as well as Office 10. It is Win 7 Ultimate upgrade disk and I want to install it to a new clean ssd. I read the sticky about making and iso file and putting it on a 4gb USB. How would this work with a upgrade disk and is it possible with office as well.

Side note. Why hasn't Microsoft started put programs on USB! I haven't used my old DVD drive in years..

I am making a SFF rig and I'm trying to avoiding buying a slim DVD drive. I just bought a new copy of Win 7 from my school for 15$ as well as Office 10. It is Win 7 Ultimate upgrade disk and I want to install it to a new clean ssd. I read the sticky about making and iso file and putting it on a 4gb USB. How would this work with a upgrade disk and is it possible with office as well.

Side note. Why hasn't Microsoft started put programs on USB! I haven't used my old DVD drive in years..

For Windows the USB thingy will work. For the Office you just have to copy the files or download from MS. Give MS a call I believe the office team can assist you in download the installation files for Office.

Back