• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dumb desktop audio question - need your help please

GCS

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 15, 2006
Messages
483
Ok this is probably really dumb question but I have no idea if it is possible or even how to do it. Every time I try to google for a way to do this I can't seem to get the answer I want.

SOOOO....

I am using a standard Windows 10 desktop. I want to connect a nice speaker to it (probably via the 3.5 audio jack) but here is what I want and cannot figure out how to do it.

I just want music and video audio to come through the speaker - i.e. mainly for listening to google play music/spotify while working. NO COMPUTER SOUNDS.

I want the computer sounds to come from the monitor speakers that are hooked up to HDMI port.

Is this possible if so how do I do it?

TIA for any help anyone can provide.

Greg
 
I suppose you would need two separate audio devices, as in the regular audio hardware built into the motherboard and a standalone PCI/PCIe sound card like one of these. Then you will need to connect your nice speakers with the sound card, and then manually choose the sound card as the audio source for each app like browsers, media players, etc. Be warned though, I haven't tried anything like this myself (I always keep those annoying windows sounds turned off anyway), and I don't personally use Win10, but it is theoretically possible. Borrow a sound card from someone you know and see if that works as per your requirements. If it does, then you gotta buy yourself a sound card. Ones with basic audio functionality are pretty cheap.
 
Back
Top