• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dumb 2005FPW Question

DistributedBen

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 26, 2004
Messages
227
I received my 2005FPW this week and had a question. This is my first LCD so bear with me.

Right now I have it connected via DVI to my main PC. With my previous monitor was was using a KVM to switch between two computers. Is it okay to hook the analog cable up an run it to the other computer and just swich between the two via the monitors controls? I just wanted to make sure this was okay for the monitor.

And BTW, this monitor is great! I big step up from my old 19in CRT. I do have a little light leakage, but it is only noticable when watching DVD's which I never to on the computer anyway.
 
Yeah it's fine if you want to do that, but I would highly recommend the DVi connection for whatever your main rig is. I'm a whore for trying to squeeze out as much quality I can.

Anyway, that's why the multiple inputs are there... so you use them. :)
 
yes, you need to squeeze as much juice as possible for your main rig. Its only ok, if you have a regular crt monitor.
 
Back
Top