Duke Nukem Forever

Moose777 said:
So, basically they are saying, "We have weapons models, creature models, some tech demos...no level design...no story....we're making it up as we go along....this stuff doesn't happen overnight and we're guessing we'll have it in time for the 25th Anniversary edition of Duke Nukem 3D and the re-re-rerelease of Star Wars Episodes 1 - 6."

NO!! God-damn it!!!!! That was in 2001, a new team is now

READ THE WHOLE INTERVIEW, YOU MORONS!

Moose777 said:
So, basically they are saying, "We have weapons models, creature models, some tech demos...no level design...no story....we're making it up as we go along....this stuff doesn't happen overnight and we're guessing we'll have it in time for the 25th Anniversary edition of Duke Nukem 3D and the re-re-rerelease of Star Wars Episodes 1 - 6."
I fallowed the 3Drealm forums for some time a few years ago. Let me tell you that Georgy has been say that for many years.

This is not news. Sounds like to me this is where they've been for 3 years +. This just doesn't seem right. Even if they are winging it it shouldn't have taken this long. Even I could have made another Duke FPS game in this amount of time.

Something smells funny. I say they'll be hell to pay if some progress isn't shown. I mean real progress.

If they made the game have ass kickin' multiplayer, and lots of good one liners to use on multiplayer then I'd be happy. Story line? You don't need much of one besides kicking ass, I could come up with a story line for it pretty quick, and have people happy with it.

theNoid said:
I'm going to go out on a whim here people and believe it :D

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum ................... I'm all outta gum."

You know that line if from a movie.. it's not original to duke nukem

RancidWAnnaRIot said:

Of course, most of his lines are from other movies. They sound so kick ass done by Jon St. John

SnakeIRye said:
That's gotta be the best reply I've ever seen...

Torgo said:
You might call it a game, but I call it a Thursday night.

...still laughing, lol!!!

omg... that *is* good. lol. nice. :D

EDIT: I hope they stick some Jack Burton quotes in DNF, from Big Trouble in Little China... those are pretty good. ;)

RancidWAnnaRIot said:

It's from They Live, spoken by none other than very lovable, Rowdy Roddy Piper.
(sorry - double post)

EDIT: it was said in Evil Dead 3 - but that's a 1993 movie, and They Live is 1988.. so I -think- that was the first time it was said in a flick.

I could have swore that at last years E3 I saw a demo of DNF showing off some crazy physics and a brand new graphics engine? Does anyone else know what I am talking about?

The demo, when showing the physics, had a crate full of fruit hanging from a wire over a city street. Then Duke shot the corner of the crate and the fruit started tumbling out of the hole in the crate onto the pavement and splattering (pretty realistically) on the pavement.

Then it showed him shooting the wire and and knocking down the whole crate.

I am about 80% sure I saw a demo of that, and it was DNF. It looked really good from what I remember. Anyone else watch that video? I think I may have DLed it off of Fileshack's E3 coverage. Maybe it could have been gamespot?

Someone please tell me I am not crazy and that you watched that demo too..

Json23 said:
I could have swore that at last years E3 I saw a demo of DNF showing off some crazy physics and a brand new graphics engine? Does anyone else know what I am talking about?

The demo, when showing the physics, had a crate full of fruit hanging from a wire over a city street. Then Duke shot the corner of the crate and the fruit started tumbling out of the hole in the crate onto the pavement and splattering (pretty realistically) on the pavement.

Then it showed him shooting the wire and and knocking down the whole crate.

I am about 80% sure I saw a demo of that, and it was DNF. It looked really good from what I remember. Anyone else watch that video? I think I may have DLed it off of Fileshack's E3 coverage. Maybe it could have been gamespot?

Someone please tell me I am not crazy and that you watched that demo too..

Yes - I have that movie on my work machine... do a google search for DNF E3 demo movie or something similar and I think you'll find a copy of it.... somewhere.

RancidWAnnaRIot said:

Its from Evil Dead, not sure if its from 1, 2, or 3. I think 3.

Yes - I have that movie on my work machine... do a google search for DNF E3 demo movie or something similar and I think you'll find a copy of it.... somewhere.

Good, because I remember watching it and thinking - "It might have actually been worth the wait."

It was pretty good looking from what I remember. Hopefully it will end up looking like that in the end.

Json23 said:
Good, because I remember watching it and thinking - "It might have actually been worth the wait."

It was pretty good looking from what I remember. Hopefully it will end up looking like that in the end.
Worth a 10+ year wait?

No. I don't think so. Its a freakin' video game and it should not take a decade to make.

Why is this thread not going away!!!????

I am sooooo sick of hearing the name of this title, lets let this thread die... please!

DragonNOA1 said:
I dont see the physics demo that we were talking about^

Hrm..... ok - one of the demo theres is the 2001 E3 trailer which I think Json was talking about... I can try searching more for a physics demo..

http://www.machinima.com/films.php?id=389

This is the only tech demo I could find for Duke Nukem Forever circa 2001.

Yeah, real impressive for a game from the early 00's. By todays standards, it sucks.

Yeah, I'm impressed by a machinegun thats basically a triangle.

So again, its not worth a 10+ year wait, not by a long shot.

It would be worth it if they gave you a mail in rebate to get the last 10+ years of your life back.

This game, if it ever does get release, which I doubt had better be able to cure cancer or something.

Moose777 said:
[snip]
It would be worth it if they gave you a mail in rebate to get the last 10+ years of your life back.
[snip]

Uhm, you're suppposed to go do other stuff while they make the game. ;)

revenant said:
Uhm, you're suppposed to go do other stuff while they make the game. ;)
OH!!! I had no idea. I gues I should clean the cobwebs off of me and shave then. lol

^^ hehe. I am one to talk... I think I had to re-take a class during college because I was so busy ooooo'ing and ahhhhh'ing over Duke Nukem (the original) when it was about to come out... I was on the 3drealms message boards chatting it up while I should have been in class... lol. Who me? Obscess much!??!? oh a bit... ;)

These are all the 3D Duke Nukem games

Duke Nukem Atomic Edition -1996-:

shot1.jpg

Duke Nukem Time to kill (PS1) -1998-:

energy03.jpg

Duke Nukem Zero Hour (N64) -1999-:

16.jpg

Duke Nukem land of the babes (PS1) -2000-:

3.jpg

Duke Nukem Mobile -2004-:

screen8.jpg

Duke Nukem Forever-2001-:

duke001.jpg

duke009.jpg

//dk2001

Duke Nukem Forever (ATARI):

dnf2600proto-silver.jpg

video:
ftp://ftp.3drealms.com/misc/dnf2600.avi

timeline:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Nukem_Forever

And now, for the DUKE NUkem Forver that you've all been wating for, well sorta

well, there are no screenshots or videos yet, I personally expect 2007

Most people might not realise, but we're in a major technology change, a game takes 2-3 years to make, and a new game w/ 3-year old grpahics/technolgy doesnt do all too well,
The thing for sure is that DNF will support the latest and the greatest, and will probably require a physics card (So will Unreal 2008)

When hardware is more stable, and everyone runs vista with theri 128pipeline 2ghz video cards, and we all buy physics cards

the only thing known, for now, is that it uses a beautiful physics engine called Meqon who is now partners with ageia (the guys who make physics cards)

here are some demos of what phyics u can expect from DNF

http://www.ageia.com/downloads/Airtight/DivxPhysxAirtight720x400.wmv

http://www.ageia.com/downloads/physx_carwash_video/physx_carwash_greenslime.wmv

hillarious!!! DN wants you to stop stealing our BITS!!!! ;)

(1) Stop ganking other's bandwidth or you will anger the Admins

(2) Cheap lesson, they could have replaced that image with something that could get you banned for posting it regardless.

(3) Either way you look at it, you lose ;)

That Atari 2600 port is actually real. It was done by a good friend of mine (Keith Schuler). Sadly, that's all it does. That opening graphic took all of the available memory in the cartridge.

I looked and looked and can't find that E3 video anywhere. Has anyone had any luck finding it?

I guess not all of it, i guess what your looking for is the physics demo or a 04/05 E3 movie?

I posted the only E3 demo I could find back on page 2 or 3 I can't remember which.

It was from 2001 and looks like crap by today's standards, hell the game itself didn't even seem that good.

Where's Duke Nukem Advance? That was one of the better game after the original 3D game.

RogueTrip said:
I guess not all of it, i guess what your looking for is the physics demo or a 04/05 E3 movie?

Yepo. I have only been able to find a few links to some articles. To bring everyone up to speed we are looking for the DNF Meqon Physics demo at the 2005 GDC. Most articles seem to be around 9/3/2005

Duke Article

kraken0698 said:
I looked and looked and can't find that E3 video anywhere. Has anyone had any luck finding it?

http://www.ausgamers.com/files/browsegame/html/1/66

E3 '99 and E3 2001 demos

DragonNOA1 said:
Yepo. I have only been able to find a few links to some articles. To bring everyone up to speed we are looking for the DNF Meqon Physics demo at the 2005 GDC. Most articles seem to be around 9/3/2005

Duke Article

thats the article, we're looking for the demo
the engine, meqon, was bought by ageia, that company thats gonna introduce physics card, as i mentianed above

Here are some DEMOS (runtimes) of the MEQON physics engine:

http://www.megagames.com/news/redir.cgi?http://www.meqon.com/downloadarea/meqon-demos-1.3.1.zip

i believe the e3 demo is the one of him fighting in the streets of vegas right?? prolly 2x the grafix in the 2001 demo, i believe this one was from sometime in 2004, but it was def a duke game.......i swear it ust to be on ign.... maybe some nda's made all the sites take it down or something

cuz ya i remember that if thats the one u guys are talking about

sigh its hard to tell but maybe this is the same thing i was thinking about, just a more extended version of the same e3 trailer http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/dukenukemforever/media.html

o shit these are pics from the trailer we are talking about, (not the real world pics obviously but the game shots)

http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/4679/dnf2001trailerlasvegasview217q.jpg

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3664/dnf2001trailerlasvegasview223s.jpg

THOUGHTS ??

Back