Duke-Nukem-Forever in game video!!

It was fun back then, sure, but it was no different than any other FPS at the time. Doom, Duke Nukem, Shadow Warrior and others I just can't remember...

To be fair, Shadow Warrior was little more than a D3D mod. Quake came out soon after D3D, and that was very different. You'd get maybe 4 enemies on a Quake level, or perhaps 120 in Duke. Sure, the Quake ones were proper 3D, but it was more of a tech demo than a game. Give me Duke's pipe bombs, laser trip mines and jet packs any day.

It's not like there's been any real change in that formula since any of those games came out, with the exception of online multiplayer. D3D was great fun on a lan though.

Wanna turn up your BS meter a little more? You were 6...

Yeah hey everyone I'm lying on a forum about a game!

I don't know how old I was for sure I just remember getting it from the game basket at a local electronics store and playing it on and off over the years.. I also lived in Israel at the time, may have came in later to the country. I know that back then new movies would often come a year or two late.

Just my opinion. Don't need to call it BS because you think different.

The only good FPSs I've found over the years were NOLF 1 and 2, Doom 3 and CS:S for its physics and quick gameplay.

Yeah hey everyone I'm lying on a forum about a game!

I don't know how old I was for sure I just remember getting it from the game basket at a local electronics store and playing it on and off over the years.. I also lived in Israel at the time, may have came in later to the country. I know that back then new movies would often come a year or two late.

Just my opinion. Don't need to call it BS because you think different.

The only good FPSs I've found over the years were NOLF 1 and 2, Doom 3 and CS:S for its physics and quick gameplay.

CS:S has physics?? I didn't think that game had a shred of realism....

No, he's right on calling your BS. It's not "about your different opinion." That's such a cheesey line anyway.

You made claims such as Duke using the exact same formula as other shooters in the day and other worthless brush offs, yet you probably have no idea what you are talking about. Your opinion loses worth in this discussion when you claim such things in a game you were 6 when it first came out.

Damn, this is really disappointing. Duke 3D was the game that sucked me in to PC gaming. I'm really hoping this is a massive conspiracy where they say, "Just kidding! We're developing it under the Apogee name!" but reality isn't that awesome :(

Here's to hoping it comes out one day... but I doubt GB will let it happen.

No, he's right on calling your BS. It's not "about your different opinion." That's such a cheesey line anyway.

You made claims such as Duke using the exact same formula as other shooters in the day and other worthless brush offs, yet you probably have no idea what you are talking about. Your opinion loses worth in this discussion when you claim such things in a game you were 6 when it first came out.

yeah... I got a similar reaction out of my nephews when I showed them doom :eek:

they laughed at me lol

A former employee of 3d Realms posted some pictures of his Duke art here: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=70670 if you all are interested. Sorry if this has already been posted, I didn't see it.

Only took 15 mins and we killed it ;)
There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

There's a bunch of new screenshots, concept boards, level layouts, 1 liners and more at shack news.

There is no way with this much leaked content that this game will ever be released. It's over for Duke.

But why bother release it.. doesnt matter if its not coming out.. just let duke rest in peace ffs then :(

I'm really pleased they released the artwork and progress so far.
It does show that it wasnt a massive hoax and damn it looks good, an example to many of the current developers.
Some of the work might see itself being used in other new games so maybe not a total loss?
It might still get produced, its a HOT franchise.
Lots of mights there

Looks like they enjoyed having duke fall down, so you can see him getting up.. A lot.

Other than that, though, the game looks much more innovative than it's predecessor. Duke 3d was fun, just didn't have that staying power that I felt something like Wolf 3d had.

I too hope someone picks it up and finishes it.

Those video's look very neat and fun. They are far from polished though. Some scenes his shadow is wrong or not there. Others his skin is more shiny than others. Gameplay looks fun though.

I remember starting Duke on the 2d side scroller's. Duke 3D might not have had the best graphics or anything like that. But not many games had the main character give situational one liners or allowed you to actually go around in a semi 3d environment. The world was somewhat "real" with a gritty feel. I enjoyed it a lot. Did not really have a ton of re playability outside of multi player but it was a lot of fun.

I too hope someone picks it up and finishes it.

Those video's look very neat and fun. They are far from polished though. Some scenes his shadow is wrong or not there. Others his skin is more shiny than others. Gameplay looks fun though.

I remember starting Duke on the 2d side scroller's. Duke 3D might not have had the best graphics or anything like that. But not many games had the main character give situational one liners or allowed you to actually go around in a semi 3d environment. The world was somewhat "real" with a gritty feel. I enjoyed it a lot. Did not really have a ton of re playability outside of multi player but it was a lot of fun.

QFT
*Get off my lawn*

im hoping someone does pick it up... because even though that video looked awesome... what would amuse me even more is having to wait *even more* for duke nukem forever...

and i would *hate* it if whoever picked it up changed the title.... keep it as DNF :) throw us guys who were waiting since 97 for it a bone :D

One part of of me wants someone to pick it up and finish and another is hoping that someone picks it up and never finishes it- that makes the game legendary in that aspect.

honestly looks like Serious Sam more than duke, still looks fun since serious sam was great. I'm starting to wonder if this is all some sort of kill the game and everyone says "dand wish it would come out" and then with all the free press, resurrect the game and actually release it.

I think the saying that came around when Titanic came out sort of applies here...

"The ship sunk. Get over it."

No more Duke franchise...no more having to care. Sad, what a waste. If I could have that little part of my brain left that actually gave a shit about this game, maybe I could have passed the math test I took 2 weeks ago. lol

They should release all the files open source and have someone in the community continue the game. From the art work and the video it looks like a really good game. The one liners are just like the old days lol.

Umm, release this!

I want a game that isn't daaaaark graphics or "look at the jungle!" (oh and not a toon like TF2)

Has any FPS really equaled the jetpack? I hear about Mirror's Edge or "real-time parkour" but hell in Duke 3D we could fly around skyscrapers or canyons... really basic ones, but flying. Not bad for 1995-ish. And not in a plane, which is also fun but not the same. After Duke it was Quake II and III, and Half-Life... great games but focusing on indoors scenes and not humor (or gadgets like Holo-Duke).

I'm sick of being the soldier or Gordon "Research Rambo" Freeman (who thwarts large armies).

Ya know, it is kind of funny that we don't have more Open Source games out there. We have great OS' that are open but no games that are really mainstream like. It would have to be organized by a organization with public input, but I think it's a great idea.

the quake 3 engine has a couple of great open sourced games built off of it....

freespace source code project is another good one....

i've tried my hand at parsing out the source codes to various game engines... and even wolfenstein's source code just flew over my head.... i'm not a very good programmer :p

Back