Duke Nukem Forever Confirmed?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Duke Nukem Forever promotional displays have been spotted at PAX 10, complete with 2K and Gearbox logos on them. This seems to confirm the story we posted last month saying Gearbox had taken over development of the game.

Considering Gearbox developed my favorite shooter in the past 5 years and I was a huge Duke fan, all I can say is hell yah.

Wonder how much they are keeping? And I hope to hell it's a LONG game not one of these 10 hour and done things that have been coming out lately.

Borderlands gives me hope.

It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum...and I'm all out of gum...:D:D

Color me unimpressed. Even if it does actually make it to a retail shelf, what are the odds of it not being consolized? Afterall, it is Gearbox we're talking about.

ive lived in seattle the past 4 years and always missed out on pax for some reason or other. now i might be moving to hawaii. i am an idiot.

oh and looking forward to DNF! :D

As soon as it's available for pre-order on steam I'm all over it. I can't believe it's actually going to be released.

Color me unimpressed. Even if it does actually make it to a retail shelf, what are the odds of it not being consolized? Afterall, it is Gearbox we're talking about.

Um, so on release day, when Jesus, Benjamin Franklin and Michael jackson are waiting in line for this game, will you be impressed?

The following things have been accomplished since Duke Nukem Forever was announced on April 28th, 1997.

The two Mars rovers, Spirit and Opportunity were proposed, authorized, announced, designed, launched and successfully landed upon Mars where they have been exploring the surface for years.

The International Space Station was assembled and has been orbiting Earth for over 10 years.

Things that have taken less time than Duke Nukem Forever's Development:

* The Beatles formed, released every single one of their albums and broke up. During this time they also toured the world several times.
* Led Zeppelin released 7 albums, 9 singles, and toured around the world, crossing international borders 27 times (not counting mainland Europe.)
* The Wright brothers designed and flew the first airplane.
* The theory of General Relativity.
* The United States' entire program to put a man on the moon, from Kennedy's challenge to the landing.
* The complete construction of many monumental buildings and engineering projects. To name a few-
o The Empire State Building (Jan 1930 - May 1931)
o The Channel Tunnel (Dec 1987 - May 1994)
o The Golden Gate Bridge (Jan 1933 - May 1937)
o The World Trade Center (Aug 1966 - April 1973)
World War II and the entire Manhattan Project. Yes, even the complete development of the atomic bomb took less time.

Until its is available for pre-order on Amazon or Steam - its not real. A cool demo does NOT mean a finished playable game will ever be released.

Hurry, somebody get Microsoft to release a DirectX v12 so the DNF folks can go back to the drawing board again!

Back