• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Duel displays and backgrounds.

Razer X

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 26, 2001
Messages
1,169
I've got a duel moniter set-up and I was wondering if there is a way to use two seperate backgrounds. Or if I there are any good backgrounds that stretch across both moniters and how do I use them?
 
You can make up your own. Simply put 2 images next to each others in your favorite image editor, just like on the Setting tab of the display properties window and save as 1 image. Next, use this image as a desktop wallpaper and have it "Tile" instead of "centered" or "stretched" in the background tab of the display property window.

You might have to do some manipulations if you use different resolutions on your monitors.
 
background.jpg


An example from my background. The large area is 1920x1200 (main monitor) and the little one is 800x600 (tv).

1920 + 800 = Image total width
1200 = Image height
Little image is shifted down by 600 since that's how it's offset in the windows display properties. The black area is not shown on any monitor.

Another option may be available in your drivers. I don't know about ATI drivers but nVidia has an option to use a different background on each monitor. In the nView Desktop Manager on the 'Desktop' tab, you can set a background for each.
 
Is there anything out there that will do it for me? I'm no good with image editing.
 
I use UltraMon (picture: http://www.stevequalls.com/pc.htm ) I have 3 LCDs and I even use MaxiVista ( www.maxivista.com ) to output a fourth monitor to my Sony laptop. As for multiple monitor backgrounds, I use the three display versions from www.9xmedia.com .

My productivity has increased quite a bit when adding a second monitor and just a little bit after the third addition... but the fourth just doesn't really provide me with much benefit other than looking cool.
 
Back
Top