Ducky Keyboard doesn't work with UEFI?

FaRKle0079

2[H]4U
Anybody else have a Ducky mechanical keyboard that doesn't work with their BIOS or UEFI when plugged in via USB? I have a 9008 and on my P6T6 WS revolution it would only work sporadically in the BIOS. I built a new rig last night with a P8Z77-V Deluxe and the keyboard never worked before booting into Windows. On both motherboards I've had USB support enabled for the BIOS and UEFI. The Ducky keyboard is definitely detected by the motherboard and powered, although for some reason on the post screen it says there are two keyboards detected when I have the Ducky plugged in. It's pretty annoying that I have to use a cheap $5 usb keyboard in order to do pre-OS operations. Any tips? Thanks.

Is the Ducky plugged into a USB 3.0 port by any chance?

Perhaps the USB port is faulty and the Ducky is not getting full power.

Either way, try a different port(s).

Likely a bug with the board/bios itself. Send a bug report to Asus and hope they eventually fix the problem.

Is the Ducky plugged into a USB 3.0 port by any chance?

Perhaps the USB port is faulty and the Ducky is not getting full power.

Either way, try a different port(s).

I have tried multiple USB ports (both 2.0 and 3.0) on both motherboards and neither worked.

Likely a bug with the board/bios itself. Send a bug report to Asus and hope they eventually fix the problem.

I doubt this since every other USB keyboard in my house works with these two motherboards. The Ducky is the only one that doesn't work.

Back