dualview + vista = incorrect default display of 3d fullscreen

kaoman

n00b
Does anyone know how to choose which display is 1 and which display is 2? I know you can make 2 the primary, and that works fine for regular operations, but whenever I run a fullscreen game it defaults to display 1 even though display 2 is my primary.

display.jpg

I'm running RC2 and 96.85_forceware_winvista_x86_international_whql. Is this something I just have to deal with until Forceware drivers are out of beta?

Could be the beta drivers, could be the beta OS, it could be an awful lot of things causing this issue. Only time will tell unless someone out there has specific experience to answer your question.

I have issues like that using dual monitors and my Intel GMA950 (this is a laptop). Sometimes if I use the Vista Display Properties to determine which is Primary and which is Secondary, it'll "forget" the setting and revert whenever it wants, it seems.

So I installed the latest Intel GMA950 drivers for Vista - ones that are more current than those included in the RTM build - and now I use the Intel display application to set Primary/Secondary and it works without issue.

Hopefully someone can help... good luck

Try starting the computer with only the monitor you want to be "Monitor 1" plugged in, and then plug in the monitor you want to be "Monitor 2" after it's finished booting.

Back