Dualshock 4 One

qbanb8582

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
2,063
I don't like the PS4 thumbsticks. I think they suck, after about 10-15 minutes of play my thumbs slip. I got a couple of the rubber grips to put on top but they never quite it never felt quite right.

I found this video of a dualshock 4 with xbox one thumb sticks. I had some extras because my day xbox one thumb sticks would wobble. I did have to trim the inside of the right stick around the hole cuz it didn't feel quite right. After the trim it felt great. I played Killzone for about an hour which is the longest I've played my PS4 since I've had it. Here is the finished product.

 
A little late to the party but yea people do this a lot. I wanted to do it in Feb but didn't because I wasn't being hindered by the original sticks.

Once I bought TLoU and played MP I got them. The difference is enough where I can comfortably say I'll never have any other setup other than this for the duration of the systems life.

I didn't have to modify anything, you just have to press down really hard to make sure it's on all the way other wise it scrapes the edge. The increase in range of motion (or the thought of it) and non slip sticks improved my game significantly.

I tried grip it's and they sucked compared to this and iirc were even more expensive.
 
Yup, bought Xbox One sticks months ago in case my current PS4 sticks wear down. Will replace them then.
 
A little late to the party but yea people do this a lot. I wanted to do it in Feb but didn't because I wasn't being hindered by the original sticks.

Once I bought TLoU and played MP I got them. The difference is enough where I can comfortably say I'll never have any other setup other than this for the duration of the systems life.

I didn't have to modify anything, you just have to press down really hard to make sure it's on all the way other wise it scrapes the edge. The increase in range of motion (or the thought of it) and non slip sticks improved my game significantly.

I tried grip it's and they sucked compared to this and iirc were even more expensive.

I know this has been done a while ago, I wasn't claiming to be the pioneer, its something i finally gotten around to doing. I was just sharing if it informs someone here that didn't know about it then it was worth it.

I'm with you I don't see myself ever going back for my own controller. It was by far the most comfort and control I had on the DS4 controller.
 
I don't like the PS4 thumbsticks. I think they suck, after about 10-15 minutes of play my thumbs slip. I got a couple of the rubber grips to put on top but they never quite it never felt quite right.

I found this video of a dualshock 4 with xbox one thumb sticks. I had some extras because my day xbox one thumb sticks would wobble. I did have to trim the inside of the right stick around the hole cuz it didn't feel quite right. After the trim it felt great. I played Killzone for about an hour which is the longest I've played my PS4 since I've had it. Here is the finished product.


Looks great I have covers on my DS4 sticks but may do that too. Was at my nephews today and both his DS4 sticks the rubber was coming off.
 
A little late to the party but yea people do this a lot. I wanted to do it in Feb but didn't because I wasn't being hindered by the original sticks.

Once I bought TLoU and played MP I got them. The difference is enough where I can comfortably say I'll never have any other setup other than this for the duration of the systems life.

I didn't have to modify anything, you just have to press down really hard to make sure it's on all the way other wise it scrapes the edge. The increase in range of motion (or the thought of it) and non slip sticks improved my game significantly.

I tried grip it's and they sucked compared to this and iirc were even more expensive.

Agreed. I modded mine as soon as I could. Sony has changed the material used for its analog sticks though (based off my recent purchase of a new DS4). It no longer becomes "mushy" or "rubbery" over time and it doesn't fall off anymore. It feels like they've found a type of molded plastic that mimics the feel of rubber without its downsides.

I broke my first DS4 (long story..).
 
Back
Top