• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dually boards?

dcam25

n00b
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
14
A co-worker (Intel Brainwashed) was asking me some things about dually opteron board a couple days ago and I couldn't really answer much. Seeing as 2 socket board were never much of a real option (for me anyway I only game). So he wants to build a multipurpose rig for encoding,gaming, you name it. Well after some debating and proof via multiple reviews of AMD64/opteron vs P4 he saw the light. Well now he wants to build a 2P system and seeing as how I have never looked at those other than a few basics most enthusiats could figure out without must trouble I'm at a loss for the detailed answers (man I hate not having the answers). Could you guys point me in the direction maybe some reviews of 2P systems as home system not a server setup . Maybe a few mobo options that aren't all pci-x. Even Intel systems that might be conroe/woodcrest compatible. I have always liked AMD for they're price to performance and current reigning supremecy but I would hate to overlook something Intel may have up there sleeve in the Core 2 architecture.
 
Has to be dual socket, or would dual-core suffice? If dual-socket, I would highly recommend the multi-processing forum.
 
Back
Top