Duality

KiSA

n00b
This is two pc's in one. On one side you have an Intel SBC with a 266 MHz processor. Its slow, its old and its small. The other side of the case holds an Intel 865 perc motherboard, a 2.8 GHz P4, 512mb pc 2700 DDR and a 120Gb HDD.

One side is a representation of a fiber optic pc and the other is an inerpretation of an ENIAC. I don't have nearly the floorspace for a true representation of an ENIAC, so like I said, this is just an interpretation of it.

NICE!

Maximum PC had a featured computer like this a few months ago. Had one side as Windows, other side was a Mac, and the middle was a Linux server. Had 10 hard drives total. Did you get your inspiration from that?

no, I got my inspiration from the case itself, and the ton of vacuum tubes that were in my uncle's garage. It's size lends itself to extreme modding possibilities.

I missed a few issues of MaxPC during a subscription lapse.

I can scan that mod for ya since you missed it. It's so badass... it's like an acrylic pyramid with the left side being a PC and the right being a mac.

TheGamerZ said:
I can scan that mod for ya since you missed it.
Please do. I don't like duplicating other's works and now I wish I had seen it.

Looks great. Do those nobs and buttons do anything?

Title made me think it was a slipknot mod heh.

On the antiquish side all of the knobs and buttons do things. The red and black round start/stop buttons handle on/off/reset functions.

The silver switch is on/off for the turbine fan.

The other knobs are fanbus controls.

The orange lights indicate when the voltage for a fan has been pushed above 7 volts.

Behind the "Danger High Voltage" plate is the dvd drive. stealth like :)

I will post pics of the inside as soon as I get a free moment.

It was tough to get a pic with as many lights going as I did, they are randomized lights so I took about 8 shots with only 1 or 2 lights on before I got this one with a majority of them lit.

KiSA said:
On the antiquish side all of the knobs and buttons do things. The red and black round start/stop buttons handle on/off/reset functions.

The silver switch is on/off for the turbine fan.

The other knobs are fanbus controls.

The orange lights indicate when the voltage for a fan has been pushed above 7 volts.

Behind the "Danger High Voltage" plate is the dvd drive. stealth like :)

I will post pics of the inside as soon as I get a free moment.

It was tough to get a pic with as many lights going as I did, they are randomized lights so I took about 8 shots with only 1 or 2 lights on before I got this one with a majority of them lit.

Now thats cool. You shoulda said that in the begining :p so humble.

Stealth DVD looks great.

randomized lights... you have any video of that?

cool looking case. SBCs are neat.

/awaiting pics of the inside

edit:w00t... i'm 2[H]4U! sorry... just had to say it.

Thanks, I was going for a look I hadn't seen before. I will try to post the video of the lights soon. I am getting close to my bandwidth limit now on my site.

Not bad at all...what use do you use the 266 for?

A mod idea I had was to have two pc's in one case, a fileserver and a gaming machine...so
the leeching doesn't hold back my gaming. Though I'd have to make it fit in a regular sized
case, and hide the 2nd ports of the 2nd pc so not as to attract attention.

Now that's original...!

And it's good to see you didnt' just glue random stuff on. The fact that you made the majority of the things actually do something useful shows a real pro job.

good work! (I'd love to see those inside shots too!)

Back