Dualboot XP and Win 7

HvH

n00b
Hi,

Windows 7 works fine (setup/cd) but when trying to install XP CD...I get a blue screen and something about a HD problem.

Can I solve this or isn't it worth today DUALBOOT

I noticed I get better FPS in my games like f1 2011 with XP.

What to do ??

THANKS

Hans ;)

I think the usual recommendation is to install the older OS first, in this case XP then Win 7. Beyond that, maybe post what exactly the blue screen says (error number/file, etc.) But also I would ask, how much better are your FPS in F1 2011? If it's like 50 vs 45 or so, I would not bother, but we will need more details.

If you don't feel like reinstalling Windows 7, you could change the HDD boot priority in your bios, so that it's set to boot off the XP drive, then install XP to that drive, then change the boot priority in the bios everytime you want to switch back and forth.

Also make sure you have all updates including SP1 for Win 7.

Last edited:
There was almost 15 FPS difference but this was with my older system E8500 and a 260GTX videocard...I have just upgraded my system, almost everything is new now, see my signature.

So maybe its no needed anymore because with this new system i must get more FPS anyway.

I will write down what I see in the blue screen...will come back to that later.

Hans

Did that slipstream/sata thing...with nLite, to create a new XP setup DVD and now its working...YESSSSSSSSSS :)

Sata-drivers were the problem.

Learning every day ;)

Hans

Back