Dual Xeon L5639 cooling solution

Kelvarr

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a server that I set up for dual Xeon L5639 processors. Currently, I have 2x Corsair H50 hooked up to them. I would like to change these out due to how much room they require inside the case. The case is not a server case, but rather a Rocketfish Lian Li.

Do these run cool enough to where I could use a passive heatsink like this or this, considering I don't have server fans blowing on/across from these?

I need ones that screw into a mounting plate, not ones that use pushpins or clips. The mounting plates are mounted on the server board already.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Without any airflow I don't think they will work very well, but at only 60w I think they might work with some airflow. I think you are best just getting something this and running the fans at lower RPM for quietness.

So something like this would be much better? And the price is right also...

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
So something like this would be much better? And the price is right also...

That is the same heatsink that came with my 970 hexcore..I will say it does a decent job when the fan is turned up to high, but it is quite loud (but I am a noise freak)..Since you are using low power Xeons (assuming you aren't running an SR-2 and O/C'ing them) I think you can get by with the low speed setting..

I am curious, after going through the hassle of installing dual AIO CLCs, why would you want to remove them? I know they take up a good bit of room (as you mentioned) but unless you are working inside that case on a daily basis, is that big of a deal?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back