Dual X1950PRO any seen a review?

spadefoot

Limp Gawd
Newegg has them, just noticed it today: SAPPHIRE 100202SR Dual X1950PRO $415.00

Anyone heard anything about it?

I'd guess if you could find a review of the x1950 Pro cards in crossfire the performance would be pretty much the same.

Seems overly expensive for what it is though, since there are single cards for around the same or not much more that should do much better performance wise.

I've seen a few reviews on them... they're beasts:

comparison.jpg

No as it would make tripe fire which is not possible and the height of the card means the the crossfire connectors wont reach to the smaller 1950pro.

I looked up some reviews and the reviews I read had it trading blows with the 8800GTS... And with this card being $400... It's more expensive for around the same performance.

These dual cards are just novelties, they never have a good price/performance ratio.

These Dual X1950 Pro cards are a marketting joke...
Not only were they released when there were already 8800's around, but they are extremely expensive for what they offer.

I'm assuming it would performd roughly on par with a crossfire solution of the same configuration, but I was hoping someone would have some actual experience with one of these. I didn't see anything about requiring a crossfire-enabled mobo, so I'm guess it's handled in drivers.

As for the oh-so-helpful response about the 8800: Thanks, that certainly answered all my questions. I don't know where I'd be without folks like you to guide me.

Ok I see that he is talking about a different card, but I do in fact have 2 X1950 PRO 512mb cards running in Xfire on a crossfire motherboard. Mine are NOT just regular 1950's. Mine also did not cost $400 each. I paid $200 each for a total of $400 US dollars.

Upgrading from a 256mb X1800XT for which I paid $250 for brand new, it was a significant performance boost. Even though this guy is refering to a different card, the score is respectable. Note what it says next to graphics: Radeon X1950 PRO.

Score8340.jpg

Alright... But a dual X1950PRO and 2x single X1950 pros are two very, very different things.

Alright... But a dual X1950PRO and 2x single X1950 pros are two very, very different things.

That's what I'm curious about. In theory, they should be about the same, or even exactly the same. In practice, I'm curious to see...

These dual cards are just novelties, they never have a good price/performance ratio.

This was quite a while ago, but I still have to post my disagreement. I had an nvidia 7950gx2 for quite a while, upgraded from SLI 7800gtx, and it was a major improvement. Especially at high resolutions.

these seem interesting, maybe i'll order two just to see how how quad CF works :eek:

probably shitty driver support as it doesn't seem to have alot of support, but would be awsome either way! :D

At first, there weren't any motherboards that would take two 7950gx2 either. Now that I no longer want that, there are a couple... lol. GL to ya on the 4xCF, would be a fun project. Could make it quad-core too with the Intel price droppage.

ya, let us know if you try out quad crossfire, I would be really curious to how well it works.

Yea i have to wait to get my pay check at the end of this week, and i'm fairly interested in getting a quad C2D, so at the end of the week pertaining to bills (which most got paid off) I'll see about setting up a full upgrade.

Of course if this package sucks ass I'll be selling them :D

Hmm... anyone know if QaudCF works yet? everywhere I look on older articles claims that QuadCF isn't enabled or supported by ATI yet, would seem pretty waistfull to try this out if its not even supported in the drivers.

So just looking to see if anyone read if ATI had actually written the drivers for that yet or not.

Yea, didn't want to do the international call rates from over here, I live in germany and have a state side phone (I RARELY make phone calls), but if the case comes to that point I'll have to, was just hoping someone here noticed in a driver release notes if the option was supported or if a newer article came out stating it was.

Yea, didn't want to do the international call rates from over here, I live in germany and have a state side phone (I RARELY make phone calls), but if the case comes to that point I'll have to, was just hoping someone here noticed in a driver release notes if the option was supported or if a newer article came out stating it was.

You're getting a quad C2D and two dual x1950 Pro's for a quad crossfire experiment and you're worried about international call rates? Not trying to be a smartass, but no comprendo nada??

You're getting a quad C2D and two dual x1950 Pro's for a quad crossfire experiment and you're worried about international call rates? Not trying to be a smartass, but no comprendo nada??

Uh yea... I never said the quad was guaranteed, I'm waiting to see how the price cuts on them effect the price over all (how it hits the e-tailers is different from what intel wants). Not to mention if I do order them I'll probably sell them shortly after.

Another thing you are forgeting this ISN"T a 5 minute phone call, anything over 5 minutes will get crazy expensive, just because i'm spending alot of money on a computer does not mean i'll spend $50 on a stupid phone call when I can ask a simple question on a website.

You could just make an internet phone call or just email them.

Yea I emailed them when I asked the question, still waiting on that responce :rolleyes:

Back