Dual tuner HD card?

Archer75

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm looking for a tuner card for my HTPC.

I want to use it for recording and watching OTA HD via my antenna and i'm trying to find one that hopefully has 2 tuners on a single card so that I can record two programs at once and works with Vista Media Center.

I have had a HTPC for several months and use it for watching files I have downloaded and DVD's, HD-DVD's and Blue-Ray that I have stored to the hard drive. And it works great in that regard. Now I just need to record some shows on it.

I've been reading about that card and it seems it will only record HDTV on one of the tuners and analog on the other tuner? Is this true?

Yes, that is because one is analog and one is a digital tuner.

If you are looking for dual HD tuner, I do not believe that there are any. If you cannot find any like that, you would be stuck with buying 2 cards to do what you want.

Hmmm, well what are some good single tuner HD cards? No need to spend all that money on a combo tuner if I only plan on using the HD tuner. And it will have to be PCI. My only PCI-E 1x slot is buried by my video card.

Check out the Hauppauge web site. If they don't 'em, probably no one does. Or the Avermedia/ATI/etc. sites.

Use Newegg as a portal to the various vendor sites. If you are using XP, you should not have a problem with whatever you decide on.

If Vista... Be VERY careful that they drivers for a particular card. New HW *should* be fine, older HW will sometimes have flakey drivers, at best.

Back