Dual thumb drives

silk186

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking for a dual thumb drive for my wife's MacBook Pro. Except for the last one which is a bit slower, are these drives basically equal?

Ultra Dual Drive USB Type-C

Fast - The Flash Drive for USB Type-C devices
256 GB 128 GB 64 GB32 GB 16 GB

DualDrive_TypeC-front.png.thumb.319.319.png

Ultra Dual USB Drive 3.0

Fast - The Flash Drive for your Android™ based device and computer
256 GB 128 GB 64 GB32 GB 32 GB 16 GB

DualDrive3_front_view_Hi-res-retina.png.thumb.319.319.png

That drive is kind of slow. Why not get the fastest one you can buy and add one of these for your phone etc.... https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Adapter-Converts-Technology-Compatible/dp/B01COOQIKU
I picked up the top one because Amazon had it for half price, £10 for 64GB.
The Anker adapter is not suitable because it won't fit on a key chain. The whole point of a dual drive is to avoid the need for an adapter of hub.
That said, if you want a faster drive Samsung has the Samsung Memory MUF-128DBEU Duo Plus 128GB
Reviews suggest 90MB/s write and 300MB/s read. I will pick one up when they are much cheaper.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The Anker adapter is not suitable because it won't fit on a key chain. The whole point of a dual drive is to avoid the need for an adapter of hub.

Still a bit clunky but they do make adapters that are keychain friendly. Keychain Adapter

That said I haven't been thrilled with any of the dirt cheap flash drives speed wise. Bang for the buck wise I am pretty happy with the Patriot Rage 2 \ Rage Elite drives for ~$20 128gb

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back