Dual socket 2011 (c602) SLI/Crossfire Compatibility

pillagenburn

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking at a budget-ish gaming and mining rig. I want some form of IPMI and I've largely ruled out Ryzen because of this. I will be filling the rig with GPU's (probably old 290x's that I have laying around) and would like to crossfire them for gaming purposes and mine with them when I'm not using them for gaming.

I also want to avoid DDR4 RAM because of cost.

I'm looking at the Intel c602 chipset for dual 2011 Ivy Bridge Xeons but I can't find any information on whether or not they can do Crossfire.

Namely the server I would LIKE to use is the HP ML350p g8 which will physically accept four dual-slot GPU's but I do not know if it will do any form of Crossfire/SLI.

Can anyone point me to a dual CPU Ivy Bridge Xeon compatible board or server that can do Crossfire? Or can anyone think of any different options?

Sli is a license limitation. Crossfire has no license and should work although you probably not find it listed as supported.. Furthermore. Unless gaming on 2 or more cards. You dont need crossfire or sli. They will mine togther just fine

I crossfired a dell precision t3500 with w3565 and 2 270x 2gbs.i dont mine it but strong gamer

Do you know if these chipsets support the bridge-less crossfire like what is used with the 290x's ? I know most chipsets will support crossfire with the bridge, but without?

That I'm not sure, since the 270X still uses a bridge. I would guess probably it would work, but Intel nor AMD would officially say for sure.

Getting something that can game on that platform is going to be more than it's worth though

Back