dual shock 4 controller not charging

DF-1

2[H]4U
my dualshock 4 stopped charging yesterday, the light doesn't come on. I've tried multiple cables and connecting it to different sources (PC, reciever, PS4, etc)

I tried resetting it with the button on the back too.

nothing seems to work. I bought it less than 3 months ago.

Anyone have any tips?

Could be the connector. I dropped my Xbone controller once and it destroyed the connector for the cable. Thank god it didn't damage the connector on the controller too much since other cables worked.

could be a bad battery or charging control board. Sometimes things fail, if its only 3 months old get a warranty replacement

I don't know what chargers you used, but I used my old Samsung phone charger to charge my ps4 controller regularly. Its the one with the qualcomm 2.0 quick charge ability.
The charger has 2 modes regular charge (5v @ 2A) and quick charge when connected to a quick charge capable device(9.0v @ 1.67A). (I think most 2015-2016 flagship android phones come with that standard now)

Well I used that charger for about 2 months without issue then one day the controller just stopped charging...with any charger. I could smell the faint aroma of a burnt circuit board when I sniffed the controller when it had been charging for a while.
$70 lesson learned. I've only used the PS4 and regular 5 volt chargers to charge my new controller since then.

Strangely the burn up controller still works but only when plugged in. Its my PC controller now lol.

Back