Dual Samsung 19" CRTs

sevisehda

Limp Gawd
I just picked up a pair of Samsung 997DFs for my new desk.

Picture002.jpg

I also got these today, but thats another thread.

Picture001.jpg

Noice. I'd rather get dual 19" than the one 22" NEC I'm looking at (but that'll change by December I'm sure ;))

My X800 has a VGA out and a DVI out, used a DVI-AGP adapter and am dual monitors.

I've been using a dual setup for almost 3 years now, this is my first matched pair. Going from a 17" and 15" to this is simply amazing. Much crisper than before as well.

Nice, I had the 997Df and it was not good when it forst came out. It was only the east coast and samsung had a massive order of defective monitors with 1 bad compacitor. Well It was a good monitor exept for the ghostlt wwhite. when you put a white text on black backround you can see a white haze around the white, It can be seen when starting windowx xp, On the Windows xp start up screen, where it says Microsoft in the lower right is where it is worst. Hope they fixed that

Looks nice. (y)

What kind of deal did you get on them? Did you pay full price, or is there a place that has a sweet deal to be had?

sevisehda said:
I just picked up a pair of Samsung 997DFs for my new desk.

looks nice, sevisehda! one question, though: why did you get the 997DFs instead of the 959NF? we bought one 1100DF for our studio and were a bit disappointed because of the rather washed out colours and lack of contrast of the DynaFlat tube. the 959NFs have really nice and vivid colours/contrast in comparison. does the same hold true for the 997DFs or do you think the colours are good? if so, what monitor did you have before?

just asking as we need a couple for dual setups as well and were about to get 959NFs (which are a tad more expensive, i think). the design looks nicer of the ones you have, though - almost TFTish ;)

My old 17 was an envision, the 15 was...old(very old). I liked the lack of frontal buttons on the 997s. I like the picture frame look. Availability was another issue.

no kidding - they DO look neat! we went with the 959NFs already (because we figured that it can be run @1600x1200@85Hz and the 997DFs quoted max refresh rate at that res is 75Hz), but thanks anyways!
...AND the 959NF looks like shit in comparison design-wise if you ask me (i'm glad samsung finally got rid of that fugly purple thing on top of the 959NF/1100DFs designs!!).

Back