Hi everyone,
My system has been having cutting off intermittently, and disconnecting components increases stability, leading me to believe my PSU cant cut it. I'm going to connect a 2nd PSU I just got from RMA to lessen the load. What I'm wondering is what I should connect to each PSU.
Here's the breakdown
PSUs
Corsair AX1200
PC power and cooling 750w silencer
Components
Rampage 3 extreme with 980x @ 1.425 vcore
3 GTX 570 @ stock
10 Ultra Kaze 3k rpm fans running at full, connected to 2 rheobus fan controllers
1 160gb Intel G2 SSD
2 300 gb Velociraptors
1 750gb seagate 7200.10
1 2tb Samsung F3
2 2tb Barracuda LPs
1 Swiftech MCP655 fan
I was thinking 2 570s, and the fan controllers on the 750w,
or the Mobo and all the hard drives on the 750w
and the rest on the AX1200.
Any insight into the proper way to set up this Dual PSU scheme would be much appreciated. Thank you.
My system has been having cutting off intermittently, and disconnecting components increases stability, leading me to believe my PSU cant cut it. I'm going to connect a 2nd PSU I just got from RMA to lessen the load. What I'm wondering is what I should connect to each PSU.
Here's the breakdown
PSUs
Corsair AX1200
PC power and cooling 750w silencer
Components
Rampage 3 extreme with 980x @ 1.425 vcore
3 GTX 570 @ stock
10 Ultra Kaze 3k rpm fans running at full, connected to 2 rheobus fan controllers
1 160gb Intel G2 SSD
2 300 gb Velociraptors
1 750gb seagate 7200.10
1 2tb Samsung F3
2 2tb Barracuda LPs
1 Swiftech MCP655 fan
I was thinking 2 570s, and the fan controllers on the 750w,
or the Mobo and all the hard drives on the 750w
and the rest on the AX1200.
Any insight into the proper way to set up this Dual PSU scheme would be much appreciated. Thank you.