Dual processor boards.

Zohar78

[H]ard|Gawd
Wheres the best place to buy dual proc Amd boards?

My manager at work is looking into building one. Hes also my seargent in the military.
im looking at someting like athlon mp 2200 - 2600. Im also considering building one to.
If i remember correctly the Gigabyte and Asus boards accept normal ddr ram.

Thanks for any info..

i resell Rioworks boards branded as Accelertech. I also have access to Tyan's boards, etc.

send me a PM and we can sort through options.

cheers,

dave

shieldforyoureyes said:
Sun making PCs is so depressing.

You can get the new Sun Fire's with Windows now too :D
I personally would never build my own boss's machine, OEM it so you're not on the spot when something breaks.

ambit said:
You can get the new Sun Fire's with Windows now too :D
I personally would never build my own boss's machine, OEM it so you're not on the spot when something breaks.

Heh.. umm.. its a really freaked out situation, hes helped me get a nice pay raise, a friend on the side that is fun to hang out with, and a seargent in my unit.. so it can help.. plus with him being my manager, it never hurts to get brownie points. heh...

oh how the hell do i get myself into some of these situations............................
sometimes it never hurt to help poeple though.... ( thats where i go wrong more times than right......)

Zohar78 said:
Heh.. umm.. its a really freaked out situation, hes helped me get a nice pay raise, a friend on the side that is fun to hang out with, and a seargent in my unit.. so it can help.. plus with him being my manager, it never hurts to get brownie points. heh...

oh how the hell do i get myself into some of these situations............................
sometimes it never hurt to help poeple though.... ( thats where i go wrong more times than right......)

Unfortunately most of the XP dually boards have gone by the wayside. I like the Asus a lot and the MSI was pretty good too. Tyan still makes a few I believe and of course the Gigabyte.

A number of DC’rs are running the Gigabyte with good success. Yes, they will use standard ram as well. You are aware you can make almost any XP into an SMP piece? Save a ton of money and it’s an easy safe conversion.

You really sure you want to build a computer for the boss?? ;) ;)

as much as i hate to say but yeah, i like to build the box. 1) he is a decent guy i hang out with on the side.. 2) brownie points...

It should help me get a nice little payraise.... ;)

Back