dual mp board 165 shipped from monarch

not a bad deal for someone looking for a good stable dual proc. board, but not for the overclocker

Oh, if only it were a Thunder at that price.. that's an absolute freaking steal.
Just as a word of warning though; it is picky about AGP and USB. Expect to have to do some tweaking to get it stable, but man.. at that price? Totally worth it.

AreEss said:
Just as a word of warning though; it is picky about AGP and USB. Expect to have to do some tweaking to get it stable, but man.. at that price? Totally worth it.
I would almost go with a USB card on that thing and just ignore the onboard ports entirely.

Celeryman said:
Wouldn't you get more benefit by going with an X2?
not everybody can afford x2s you can pick up mps on ebay cheaper than you could buy an x2 just a matter of $

umbra said:
not everybody can afford x2s you can pick up mps on ebay cheaper than you could buy an x2 just a matter of $

Depending on what you're doing you could just get a Pentium D (Pentium D - 820) and you'd stay up to date and would most likely kick that Dual MP's butt. But that's just what I'd do, and I'm actually an AMD kind of person but when it comes to $ Intel's Dual Core is the way I'd go if I wanted it for server purposes. But then again my 1 server has a Sempron 2400+ in it and It's trucking along like a true champ :D.

I have that board running 2x 1900MP's. It runs linux like a champ. Performance on Windows isn't quite as good...I believe the drivers are the cause.. However..good board for the price.

Back