• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

dual motherboard case

hixxy

n00b
Joined
Apr 10, 2004
Messages
6
hey guys, i hav a project sittin on the rack bout a year now, but i hav finally decided to go ahead with it but i need a case the will hold 2 motherboards back 2 back.

It will b modded but small as possibale wud u a great help. need room for 6 harddrives and water cooling.

Any help wud b great. Thx
 
how much and any pics mate.

i wann atry and keep it in 1 case instaed of cuttin 2 apart if possible:confused:
 
well, any case you want. and if their is anyplace with metelergical equipment(probably at the locel high school) you could tack it or somthing together and make it look good and look like one case
 
My MSI K7D dual is in a Coolermaster, but it was a very, very tight fit. A Lian-Li would have been a better choice, except I liked the more finished CM look.
 
Originally posted by mosin
My MSI K7D dual is in a Coolermaster, but it was a very, very tight fit. A Lian-Li would have been a better choice, except I liked the more finished CM look.

I beleive hs is talking about Dual Motherboards, not dual processors, bud :)

Will
 
Originally posted by Will013
I beleive hs is talking about Dual Motherboards, not dual processors, bud :)

Will
Oops! Yes, he is. My bad. :rolleyes:

Sometimes, I think I'm losing it altogether.
 
2mobo caseQUOTE]

way to big m8. has 2 be slimline, small as possible. I believe my best choice is to pace the 2boards in a custom case made from 2 other cases. Still workin on it.

Any more ideas and help are welcome.
 
how about an old server tower and mount the boards facing each other so the pci slots are offset one set up and one set down, the boards mounted to the outside and your fans blowing through the middle to cool them down. the 2 PSU sitting above the boards and a blow hole to help with the heat.

Just an idea
 
I say you get two motherboard trays..and use them for your foundation..
Build a case from steel, aluminum, or acrylic which would let you completely customize the case...but that's just me..:p

Will
 
Originally posted by Will013
I say you get two motherboard trays..and use them for your foundation..
Build a case from steel, aluminum, or acrylic which would let you completely customize the case...but that's just me..:p

Will

thats a plan already in motin m8.

I was thinkin of takin 2motherboard trays and join them 2gether back 2 back wit aluminum poles grippin by 2 more attched to the case floor.

id.jpg


use of 3d max comes in handy :D

any links to cheap server case wud be a great help. And i mean cheap 2 for $150:eek:
 
Originally posted by boardsportsrule
one problm..i odnt htink that newegg ships to ireland...
Not my problem. :) Either way the point is a lot of computer retailers have tons of cheap cases. Check any that you can order from, or look at local computer shops (with used stuff etc) you can usually pick up cases real cheap.
 
Back
Top