• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dual Monitors with video.

mrharhar

n00b
Joined
Jan 13, 2004
Messages
27
This must be an obvious question, and it may have been asked before, but without search its hard to find old stuff on these forums.

I have a 17 Samsung CRT and a 15inch Philips CRT running together. I have GeForce Ti 4200. I want to know if there is anyway i can watch a video on both screens together. For any other program, when I drag the window across the edge of one, it appears on the side of the other. But for video windows, a blank window appears in the new screen, with the video only appearing in the original screen. When more than half of the video window has been moved into the other screen, the video image will switch to the new one, leaving the (less than) half of the window in the original screen blank.
Is there anyway to get the video to render on both screens at the same time (not mirroring)?

Thanks
 
i havent found a way to do that and i dont think there is a way. to many calculations, might blow up your computer:p sorry
 
when i did that before, i had to set the monitor i wanted to watch the video on the primary.
 
I just purchased a program called Ultramon (google for it) and its the best dual display program i've ever tried / used. Its absolutely a must have for dual screeners.

I have no problem watching as many movies as I want on both screens in multiple formats and programs like divx, winamp, wmp etc. I'd highly recommend you try that, then again I haven't tried an nvidia card for awhile so that might be an issue as well. Good luck!

Just a little p.s. I wanted to join another forum so here I am. Anyone familiar with the techreport will know me as pete_roth. Hi everyone!
 
I'm using UltraMon too, the problem isn't with watching videos on either monitor sepratly, or watching different movies on each monitor, but i cant spread the single move over both. Can you do that?
 
I really dont think its possible. I've been searching for a way to do that since I went dual monitors and havn't figured it out yet.
 
No, i can't do that. Sorry i misunderstood. If you find a solution let me know!

Not sure if it helps but i can game on both monitors in certain games like unreal, but its murder on your card, just a "fun" thing to do.
 
Since you have an nVidia card, try using nview to stretch the primary screeen image to the second display.
 
Probably can't do it. Each monitor is treated as different direct draw surfaces. There might be a way to do it in Linux, but I think this is a windows/software limitation. The software would need to be written to take advantage of multiple displays.
 
Someone mentioned that Zoom Player can do that in a thread a few days ago. I downloaded it but have yet to try it. Google for it and give it a try.
 
I think i was the one who mentioned Zplayer (also known as Zoom Player) It is very possible to display multiple videos, i have had over my dual monitor setup ~15 different videos playing using zoomplayer (helps to have 2x1.6ghz to do that lol) If you still have problems with black screens turn down your video acceleration

TED
 
Back
Top