Dual Monitors + mirror one for a projector?

Gawd
Hello all,

So currently I have a 22.5" monitor. I have an hdmi cable running from the computer to the projector and currently have them setup in 'duplicate' mode. I've tried extend mode but it seems to be a pita when I've closed a screen on the projector and then try to open it later when the projector is off.

A friend accidentally ordered 2 24" 2415's from dell. He got a pretty decent price on em. I was going to buy one off him, but with the 2415 being a 16:10 it might cause problems duplicating it with the projector. I don't really want to use the 'extend desktop' function as that always seems to be a pita.

Would it be possible to get the 24" and use it as my primary, use this current monitor as a secondary 'extended' desktop? (With different resolutions) And mirror the secondary display so whatever is on my second display is displayed on the projector? I have a MSI Geforce 970. This monitor uses DVI.. I don't think it has an HDMI in so I couldn't just use an HDMI splitter. (The run to the projector is pretty long as well, so I'm not sure if a splitter would cause problems)

Thanks!

Connect your current monitor via DVI.
Connect your projector via HDMI.
Connect your new monitor via Display Port.

Set new monitor to Primary. Extend to the projector and your new monitor and set those to dupilcate each other.

I can for sure do that? I don't want to buy the new monitor and then find out that won't work.

Thanks

Anyone actually done this and had it work? Anyone figure out how to do 'extended desktop' with a projector and have it work ok?

I've tried extend mode but it seems to be a pita when I've closed a screen on the projector and then try to open it later when the projector is off.

I am not sure that what I suggested will solve the issues you noted above but in terms of what your video card will support connection-wise it will work fine.

I've done that with 3 monitors attached. No difference between a projector and a monitor as far as the OS is concerned.

I'm assuming you're on Windows 7 or newer, though.

Back