• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dual Monitors... for gaming?

donwh0

n00b
Joined
Dec 5, 2004
Messages
8
I am currently running a 19" Viewsonic A91f+ CRT on my 9800 pro at 1280x1024 res. I have a 15" Viewsonic VG150B LCD sitting around not in use. It was my old monitor but I now use the 19" CRT for gaming. Would it be possible to add in a 9200 or something to my comp and run the LCD at 1024x768 off the 9200? I could possibly run a game in one window on the CRT and operate AIM and other programs on the LCD without having to ALT+TAB from my games all the time...
 
I can't run the game in a window and have it on one display and have AIM working on the other? Is it that I can see the desktop on the other window, just can't do stuff on it? In that case it might be worth it so I could see what people have said before I ALT+TAB.
 
most of what ive heard from running dual and gaming is that the 2nd monitor turns off while gaming. i believe it depends on application you use game etc though
 
in my case the second monitor i usually have my aim window docked. i can still see what people type to me, but most games fully lock the primary monitor for their use.
 
Yeah, I keep motherboard monitor and task manager in my second monitor while gaming.
 
i keep chat windows in the other one also, tho when i play axis & allies and command & conquer generals ZH or just about any other RTS i have to disable the second monitor
 
Back
Top