Dual Monitor w/ 2 Video Card Better Then One?

Igg

[H]ard|Gawd
I was thinkig of setting up dual display, but this time, with 2 video card.

I noticed in the past where say if you were playing a game, and then click on the 2nd mon, the game would either minimize or freeze.

So by using a 2nd video card, the first one is independent to run the game.

Is this setup better?

I was thinking of getting the 9200 PCI for my 2nd vid card

Come on guys, someone must know if there's any advantages to run dual monitor on 2 vid card instead of one.

The only experience I have was with an ATI AIW Pro and a Matrox Millenium. Both cards sucked, but I upgraded to an ATI Radeon VE with dual display and it outperformed the other setup by far.

I would think running 2 cards woould help with games so that the primary card only runs the game display.

I still have the Matrox in the machine and it is setup for triple screens, but haven't used it much.

If you run Ultramon, and don't need the second screen activated when playing a game, it allows you to turn it off and on with one click

when you were running the 2 card, how did the games handle when your mouse cross over to the other screen while playing games?
does the game minimize?

Originally posted by Igg
when you were running the 2 card, how did the games handle when your mouse cross over to the other screen while playing games?
does the game minimize?

When I had the 2 cards, I didn't play any games with the computer since it was soo slow. Machine was a P2 300 at the time.

With the dual card and the singe in the system, this is what it does.
Unreal Tournament doesn't have any problems with duals.
Age of Mythology does go to the other screen but after you play for awhile, you remember to not click the mouse when the pointer is on the other screen, or else it minimizes. First time it happened to me , I thought the game crashed.
GTA: Vice City doesn't seem to have a problem either, but I play that with a PS2 gamepad.

Those are the only 3 games I play on my PC.

Back