Dual Monitor/HDTV Issue with ATI Radeon HD 4200 & 3 port HDMI switch

j.yonke

Weaksauce
I just finished building 3 systems to hook up to a 720p TV via HDMI. I am using the BIOSTAR TA785G3HD motherboard with onboard HDMI, DVI, and VGA. I am using the Link Depot LD-HDMI-SW3P as my switch source.

I have a 3 main issues

1. When I have both a HDMI cable plugged into the motherboard (sister end disconnected), and DVI ran to my Asus 20" monitor. The monitor start to have tons of artifacts on it.

2. I can not get the 720p TV to act as an extension of my desktop, it will only mirror, which I can live with but would prefer the latter.

3. My 20" Asus monitor's native resolution is 1600x900, nothing will display on the TV unless I lower the resolution of monitor to something 720P or lower. I would like to set the TV and the Asus monitor to each there own native resolution.

I am using the latest ATI CCC drivers.

If I remember correctly these type of chipsets only support one digital connection. So either HDMI or DVI. Try to feed the ASUS with VGA. This would IMHO solve all 3 issues. At the moment you use the Motherboard as some unmatched passive splitter, which can not work properly.

Back