Dual monitor = FPS drop?

All the stuff online that says dual monitors are giving people problems in games and fps is dropping seem to be from the 6600 vid card(couple of years old) days.

Is this still an issue now? I never really ran any benchmarks with my games so I don't know if I am seeing any fps drop (nothing seems choppier though.).

My use is 1440x900 and 1280x1024 running of a 7900gs ko card overclocked to 600/1500.

I don't need the second monitor and disabling it is a click away so if it does affect my card then I would rather do that.

yes if you run a game in multi monitor your FPS could drop cause your drving more pixels.

Seems like what he is referring to is having a dual monitor setup, and gaming on one monitor.

I have a dual monitor setup and was wondering the samething, so I ran Crysis the normal way, and again with the 2nd monitor disabled... No appreciable difference in performance. Yes, it's possible since having to process the image on the 2nd monitor does technically use up som vram, but it's generally pretty neglagable, atleast it is with my hardware and the resolutions I'm running (12x10)

ahh

i have done this with my tv on as 2nd monitor at 1080i res and my games didnt take ahit in FPS, only got a 7600GT.

Back