Dual-Link DVI-D Cable Questions

CrimsonKnight13

Lord Stabington of [H]ard|Fortress
2FA
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
9,731
What's the bandwidth differences & maximum resolution between the following cables?

HDMI to Dual-Link DVI-D Cable
DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI-D Cable
Dual-Link DVI-D M/M Cable

I'd prefer one side to be easily detachable from a graphics card but I realize that it may not be possible with the bandwidth requirements for a 2560x1440 monitor.

I'd greatly appreciate any insight.
 
HDMI to Dual-Link DVI-D Cable doesn't make sense. HDMI is single link.
DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI-D Cable doesn't make sense either. DisplayPort doesn't have enough pins. You'd need a converter ($60+).
Dual-Link DVI-D M/M Cable is the only one that can be used without conversion.
 
HDMI to Dual-Link DVI-D Cable doesn't make sense. HDMI is single link.
DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI-D Cable doesn't make sense either. DisplayPort doesn't have enough pins. You'd need a converter ($60+).
Dual-Link DVI-D M/M Cable is the only one that can be used without conversion.


Thanks. I'll stick with the dual-link DVI-D cable that comes with the new monitor. :)
 
Back
Top