• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Dual LCD Setup!

Delltron

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 20, 2002
Messages
173
Hey guys, I currently have 2 19" NEC Multisync CRTs, but one of them is crapping out so I want to jump into some LCDs!

I have been looking very heavily into the 20.1" Dell 2001FP and 20.1 2005FPW.

Is there a quality difference between the two or is it merely widescreen? I am not sure why the nonwidescreen is cheaper.

What other LCDs would you consider for a dual setup? I can only spend $1000 (*total) and LOWER.

Thanks!
 
bump?

anyone have any other suggestions for lcds that offer the same quality as the dells? I am not a gamer, but do alot of web/graphic design
 
I'm currently using dual 2005fpws. I suppose my only sugjestion is that you see whatever LCD(s) you're going to buy in person first preferably on a friends computer (in store displays are virtually worthless). Also I would recommend not getting 2001fps because the black levesl are not nearly as good as the 2005fpw, and the response time is also bad (yes I realize in your post you don't play games, but unnecessary motion blur should be avoided anyway). I would highly recommend other 20" LCD's instead of this peticular one if you're interested in going the 4:3 route.


If I had more money of course I would have gone with dual 2405fpws, but we all can only afford so much.
 
I have dual 2001FP's and they are sweet. Maybe not the latest 'bling-bling', but they do the job quite nicely and I game quite a bit. My eyes are VERY sensitive to ghosting and while there is a little bit it's acceptable and does not bother me. I'd probably go with the 2005's though.
 
Back
Top