• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dual LCD Question

Latex

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
85
Greetings,
I currently have a Dell 2001FP which is 1600x1200 running on a GeForce 7800GT Graphics Card (Dual DVI Out). I am looking into adding a Dell 2005FPW which is 1680x1050 for a dual display setup to use for both games and programming. My question is can the video card have a different resolution on for each output (each moitor)? Or will both have to be 1680x1050, thus messing with my 2001FP.

Any input is much appreciated.


Thanks,
Latex
 
Most graphics cards these days can handle seperate resolutions on different monitors.

Older cards would often link the second display to the TV but I'm pretty certain any modern card won't have a problem.

Put it this way, my old 9600 XT had two LCDs, one at 1024 and one at 1280, with no problems.
 
As long as you use nVidia's tool to change the res of each monitor I'm certain it can have different resolutions.
 
Back
Top