Dual Kraken G12 in four-slot space

balnazzar

Weaksauce
Hi guys.

I need to provide sufficient cooling to two 2080ti stacked tightly, in a 4-slot space. This would of course exclude any open-air design for the video cards (which I have yet to buy), whereas a blower design will almost surely thermal-throttle.

The most obvious cheap solution would be a couple of AIOs with the kraken G12. Now, it seems (at least by the pics I gathered over the internet) that the two G12 brackets by themselves would fit nicely in a four-slot config. What really matter is the heigth of the watercooling head of the AIO.

Would you recommend me a model which fits? It is extraordinarily difficult to find such piece of information...

Thanks.

the only 2080tis ive seen with the g12 were using a 240 and they topped out in the low 60s. a 120 is going to work but be a fair bit hotter. I know any of the corsairs listed in the above link will work. looks like the zalmans would work but the nzxt and tt ones are too tall. basically go with the plain asetek style ones that they are all based on. the fancy stuff adds height.

You’d be better off doing a custom loop.

Exactly. You still need space for the fans and on a 2080 Ti preferable an extra fan on the left side of the GPU chip to cool the VRMs there. This if anything is the case for waterblocks.

Back