Dual HD 2600 sighted

2600 are manufactured in 65nm process so they should not be as bad powerhogs as current 80nm 2900. However 2600 specs on paper do not look so good, especially as we know R600 stream engines are not so effective, but as this is a Dual card, it just might have what it takes performance wise.

I actually would need a 3 DVI outputs at the moment, but do not have SLI/CF mobo or have any intrest in getting a PCI card. Hopefully AMD can pull its act together in low and middle range.

Seriously just want them to come out soon and get benchied so I can finally get a new card. Any news on release dates?

2600 are manufactured in 65nm process so they should not be as bad powerhogs as current 80nm 2900. However 2600 specs on paper do not look so good, especially as we know R600 stream engines are not so effective, but as this is a Dual card, it just might have what it takes performance wise.

I actually would need a 3 DVI outputs at the moment, but do not have SLI/CF mobo or have any intrest in getting a PCI card. Hopefully AMD can pull its act together in low and middle range.

Well, it has 1 GB of total memory (2 x 512), which is somewhat weird, since the specs of the 2600 mention a 128 bit memory bus. 512 MB on a 128 bit memory bus card is a waste and yields virtually no advantage.
And it's main problem might be price. With 1 GB of memory, plus two cores, I'm not seeing this costing something below or equal to $220.

1GB memory wasted?! Think of the PR BS value it has ;)

I have given up hope to upgrade my video card this gen, I try to get excited of the HW, but theres simply no game that intrests me at the moment. Bioshock might change that, but its not coming out anytime soon.

1GB memory wasted?! Think of the PR BS value it has ;)

I have given up hope to upgrade my video card this gen, I try to get excited of the HW, but theres simply no game that intrests me at the moment. Bioshock might change that, but its not coming out anytime soon.

Actually, if there are no delays, it should be out by August/September, so that's not very far away :)
Besides Crysis, it's the only game I'm really anxious for.

since I'm waiting a little bit figuring out the video card for my new rig, this might just be the thing to tide me over to this fall when the good things come out:p

Question. Does CrossFire support dual monitors? That's one of SLI's deficiencies.

If it performs well, it could be a good option for those in the ATI camp without a dual PCI-e slot motherboard (or a humongous power supply). CF seems to be scaling well, so despite conventional wisdom, this might be a good card for some. Conventional wisdom would say that the 2900XT should have destroyed the 8800GTX, and we know how that turned out, so keeping an open mind until the product is actually *out* and *reviewed* makes sense :p It might turn out to be good.

Back