• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dual-DVI PCI GPU Compatible with Windows 7?

saigado

n00b
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
4
I ordered a JATON VIDEO-498PCI-DLP GeForce 9500 GT to run the two 2007FP monitors in my PLP setup, but after a frustrating day of fiddling around can't manage to get it to work in Windows 7 x64. I'm getting a consistent 'This device cannot start. (Code 10)' error on the 'PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge,' an error I see others mention without resolution a few places around the 'net.

Has anybody solved this problem with a PCI GPU in Windows 7? Any hope on getting this thing to work, or are there any PCI alternatives anyone's successfully running in W7?

...Or am I going to have to chuck this mobo a month out of the returns window to get a second PCIe slot?
 
Have not used a pci video card in quite a while myself.
Sounds like it is def. some kind of driver issue though if it can not start.

All I can say is to make sure your drivers for everything are up to date including the chipset driver.
 
Can I ask the obvious questions?
Why PCI? Why not get a cheap PCI Express?
What Mobo you running?
Bios up to date?
What drivers & version are you running?
Have you tried a single monitor & card before doing dual card & monitor?
Are you doing one via DVI & the other via s-video> or are you doing a dual card?

I'll think of more.
 
You have to set your video card priority to PCI before it will function. I've dealt with a few mickey-mouse setups like this before and sometimes changing the PCI/IGP/PCI-E priority fixes the issue. The only problem with this is that you will lose the performance that you once had with the PCI-E video card.
 
You have to set your video card priority to PCI before it will function. I've dealt with a few mickey-mouse setups like this before and sometimes changing the PCI/IGP/PCI-E priority fixes the issue. The only problem with this is that you will lose the performance that you once had with the PCI-E video card.


Good call bellisca!

This is why I know some people have gone to those USB monitor solutions to avoid performance drops from a gaming card. I think EVGA had a decent option for that as well (if I remember right).
 
Can I ask the obvious questions?
Why PCI? Why not get a cheap PCI Express?
What Mobo you running?
Bios up to date?
What drivers & version are you running?
Have you tried a single monitor & card before doing dual card & monitor?
Are you doing one via DVI & the other via s-video> or are you doing a dual card?

ASUS M4A87TD/USB3, BIOS firmware up to date, has only one PCIe slot. Main card is an EVGA GTX 580, but with two monitors connected it quickly overheats in-game. Tried both current NVIDIA drivers, the beta, and the one packaged with the JATON PCI card. Only tried connecting DVI on both cards.

You have to set your video card priority to PCI before it will function. I've dealt with a few mickey-mouse setups like this before and sometimes changing the PCI/IGP/PCI-E priority fixes the issue. The only problem with this is that you will lose the performance that you once had with the PCI-E video card.

This halfway worked! By setting PCI to primary in the bios, one of the monitors connected to the PCI card operated as the main monitor, but the other two remained off, reporting no signal. In Windows, the Device Manager reported only the GTX 580 GPU and a generic monitor, and the same 'Code 10' error still appeared.

This is why I know some people have gone to those USB monitor solutions to avoid performance drops from a gaming card. I think EVGA had a decent option for that as well (if I remember right).

These USB monitor adapters are an option I hadn't known of before, maybe this is a less expensive option if I can't get this card working. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for all the help so far, everyone.
 
Back
Top