• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dual-DVI 6800 cards?

jlee1

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 3, 2003
Messages
96
I'm looking for a 6800NU because my pricerange is around 280-330. I really want two dvi ports because I plan on running two 17" lcds (for coding sessions). I have only seen one, an XFX on newegg, and one of the user reviews says the clock is 325 and not 400 as specified, so I wasn't sure if that one was good.

Some advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
 
im sorry i cannot provide a link but i am positive there is a 6800NU two-dvi port card out there

EDIT: sorry misread a little i'd go for it and maybe try a bit of overclocking, if not there not too bad of speeds
 
How about getting a regular 1dvi 1vga card, and then an extra pci card that has a dvi out for the second lcd? I don't need both to be accelerated, since I'd only use 1 screen when gaming. Will this lead to weird color differences between the monitors, assuming both monitors are the identical model?
 
jlee1 said:
How about getting a regular 1dvi 1vga card, and then an extra pci card that has a dvi out for the second lcd? I don't need both to be accelerated, since I'd only use 1 screen when gaming. Will this lead to weird color differences between the monitors, assuming both monitors are the identical model?

Since you're using DVI, no. There will not be color differences unless the monitors themselves have color differences.
 
Back
Top