Dual Display Windows 7 - legacy?

Warrior

[H]F Junkie
Getting to the question first (back story after): Is the X1950Pro compatible as a secondary card with the 4890 as a Primary on Windows 7?

So, for a little Back story: All I want to do is watch shit on my old ass TV, and the 4890 doesn't have the outputs the TV uses. They're all Digital Outputs, DP, HDMI, and DVI. And The main problem being my TV is old, and has only composite and S-Video. So, I figured with these extra PCI-E ports on my motherboard I could just get a card with an S-Video to Output to my TV. And so i installed an X1950Pro. and after trying just about everything. I cant get the 2 to work togather. They both work fine by themselves... I think it has something to do with WDDM 1.1.... But, if I remember right, they are backward compatible... I Don't know...

The drivers for the x1950 are considered legacy now by ATI... so that tells me they are gunna give up on WDDM 1.1

***NOTE****
The strange thing is, after I install the legacy drivers for the X1950pro the displays both work beautifully. Then once I restart, bam, Code 43 on the Driver Properties of the X1950pro, and the CCC doesn't see the card either. And thats pretty much whats been going on since I've tried this.. um... upgrade?

Can anyone enlighten me about this new stuff? I'm too old school. I'd hate to be disappointed to get a 4890 with these kind of outputs... I tried to build my newest rig with new compatibility in mind... So yeah specs in Sig... Thanks for reading.

Cliffs:
Windows 7 doesn't seem to like the fact that I want to use both a HD4890 (Primary - LCD) and a X1950Pro (Secondary - TV S-Video).

Last edited:
Update:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownlo...px?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.13&lang=English

these are the only drivers for the x1950Pro, and it reads that the bottom:

"Any customers using a combination of a ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series, or ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series product with any of the legacy products listed above in a single PC system must use the ATI Catalyst 9.3 or earlier driver. All future ATI Catalyst™ releases made available past the ATI Catalyst™ 9.3 release will not include support for the legacy products listed above or any of the features associated with those legacy products."

So, its pretty much the fact that WDDM 1.0 and WDDM 1.1 cannot work together....

Lovely...

Back