• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Dual Display Suggestions - High End

dreadwing

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - March 2012
Joined
Sep 8, 2011
Messages
213
Looking for some recommendations/options for a dual 24" or 27" monitors.

Option 1:

What are the best dual 24" or 27" Matte Display options. For both Gaming and Office Apps?

Option 2:

30" in Landscape-Portrait mode. Either Dell U3011 or HP ZR30W, which 20" Monitor pairs the best with either display. I'd like to keep the brands the same, so Dell 30 + 20 or HP brand 30 + 20.

So, what are the best choices for Option 1 and Option 2, and which would you suggest? (2 x 24 or 27) or a (30" + 20") display?

Help!
 
Important question: do you plan on using Eyefinity? If so, Option 2 is problematic because Eyefinity requires all monitors to be in the same orientation (portrait or landscape).
 
I plan to use a GTX 680 video card with the displays.

Thanks
 
so the U3011 with the Dell 2007FP? Do they line up perfectly?
 
I would pick option 2. I like 30" monitors.
PLP is nice for multitasking and gaming if you don't mind windowed mode or SoftTH.
 
Excellent. I like everything to flow well and match up. I plan to only use one 20" if I do option 2, but can always add one later if I get a bigger desk. Hopefully it will look good with just a 30 + 20.

Nearly perfectly, and the PPI are very close as well.
 
I ordered a Dell U3011 and the 2007FP IPS and should have them next week. I'll post pictures once hooked up and I decide I like them. Thanks for the suggestions!
 
Back
Top