• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Dual Display question

Exce

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 24, 2007
Messages
284
Hey folks,
I have an 8800gts and recently acquired a second monitor for free so i set up dual monitor. My question is, can i make it so i can play games in full screen on one monitor and be able to surf the web and do other desktop things on the other monitor?

It sounds like a straight forward yes, but when i click on the desktop on the second monitor, while playing a game on the first monitor, it minimizes my game. Anyone know how to stop this?
 
you can only do it if you're playing games in windowed mode. If you're playing in full screen you have to minimize the game.
 
I actualy need the answer to this badly too... I know individuals who use multiple monitors and play Vanguard at the same time as browsing information on their 2nd monitor. I've never asked them how they do it, as I originaly thought this was a default standard, but now that I see it minimizes me when I click on a web page on the 2nd monitor, I need to know how to circumvent the minimizing of the full-screen application on the primary monitor.

please help. Thank you.
 
trapilales already answered this question. You must play in windowed mode. There is no other way.
 
i just got my fw900, bummer that I have to play games in windowed mode so they won't be minimized. any fps hit to playing in windowed mode?
 
Back
Top