dual display problem on AMD 6950

reaper12

2[H]4U
Hi guys,

Just pulling my hair out here trying to setup a dual display the way I want it. I have two displays, one is a HDTV with 1920x1080 resolution and the other is a CRT and I want to use the resolution of 1280x1024.

The problem starts when I use the CRT as my main monitor. The problem is that when I set the CRT as the main monitor and extend the desktop to the HDTV the extended desktop will not fill the screen on the HDTV, there are black borders on the HDTV. There are no black borders if I use the HDTV as my main display and extend the desktop to the CRT.

things I have tried>-

I have checked the scaling the catalyst control centre and it's set at the correct value.
Tried using different refresh rates and tried using the same refresh rates, no difference.

When I set the resolution of the CRT to 1920x1080 the extended desktop on the HDTV fills the screen with no black borders, but if I use any lower resolution the black borders return.

I know to solve this I could use the HDTV as my main display or set the resolution on the CRT to the same as the HDTV, but I don't want to do either of these things.

does anyone know if I am doing something basic wrong??

Back